Sociocultural anthropology is a branch of the social sciences that makes use of concepts and ideas both from sociology and anthropology. By doing so, it has created a unique perspective and method on how one can approach the problems of culture in different societies all over the world.
The number of tourists interested in beautiful wine routes (which usually include degustation, too!) rises every year. According to the latest research, that number exceeded 27 million Americans, which is 17 percent of leisure tourists engaged in some wine-related activity. On the other hand, around 5 million Italian tourists went on wine tours around the country, which produced a revenue of 2.5 billion euros.
Although this kind of tourism is relatively new, there’s no doubt that it drives the vast amount of attention wherever it appears. That’s why we wanted to share with you some updates on wine tourism.
Four Types of Wine Tourism Today
Wine tourism emerged from a particular need to taste, explore, and understand the winery industry by visiting some of the most famous vineyards around the world. The hosts offer the full-experience: from going through the fields of grapes, watching the process of winemaking and tasting the wine in the original cellars or specialized restaurants.
Here are the basic types of wine tourism today, according to the esteemed wine experts.
Open Door Tourism
This is the activity organized with the primary goal of introducing the visitors to the wine cellars. The experience of wine tasting in the basement (which is the reason this wine tour is sometimes called “open cellar” tour) is something unique, especially for those who enjoy the mystery and intrigue.
Some people don’t like just to sip the wine. They would like to find out more about different types of wines and the ways to tasting them. Also, these tours include some workshop, which allows the visitors to engage with the hosts and the content of the tour more closely.
In some cases, the hosts are looking for a way to attract more visitors. Since the “traditional” tours like cellar tour or educational tour can be exhausting for people who are full of adrenaline, some hosts came to the idea to organize wine spectacles. These tours include not only wine degustation, education, and entertainment, but also some additional activities that help people engage and enjoy the content with more pleasure.
Finally, there’s always the room for hosting events instead of walk-around tours and presentations. This is the most exciting way of connecting with the wine producers because it allows the spontaneity and finding people of similar interest. Plus, the publicity of these events is probably much higher than the publicity for the other events.
By joining The Mirabella Wine Club you will receive 10% off our retail prices. All you have to do is join up to the Mirabella Wine Club, login to your account and your 10% discount will begin immediately.
How do you become a club member
- Simply fill in the Wine Club Membership form below and you will be ready to start your purchase discount. Make sure the email you enter is your main email and one that you check often.
- Go to our Buy Our Wines section to find out which wines are currently available for purchase.
- Start adding your desired wine to your cart, and immediately recieve the 10% discount!
Wine Club Benefits
- 10% Off Mirabella Wines retail prices.
- Access to exclusive wine ranges only for Mirabella Wine Club Members.
- Special discounts and promotions throughout the year.
- E-Newsletter – Be the first to find out about our new wine releases, informative articles on winemaking, and general grape vine news.
- Upcoming wine club events and updates on Mirabella Vineyards news.
- Invites for you and guests to exclusive events.
For Wine Wholesale Online and Wine Online Shipping. Click Here.